Home > 2009 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Injury And Poisoning 800-999 > Other And Unspecified Effects Of External Causes 990-995 > Effects of other external causes 994-
2009 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 994.6
- ICD-9-CM 994.6 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2009 version of ICD-9-CM 994.6.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 994.6: 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014.
- Disorder caused by motion, as sea sickness, train sickness, car sickness, air sickness, or space motion sickness. It may include nausea, vomiting and dizziness.
- Motion sickness is a common problem in people traveling by car, train, airplanes and especially boats. Motion sickness can start suddenly, with a queasy feeling and cold sweats. It can then lead to dizziness and nausea and vomiting.your brain senses movement by getting signals from your inner ears, eyes, muscles and joints. When it gets signals that do not match, you can get motion sickness. For example, down below on a boat, your inner ear senses motion, but your eyes cannot tell you are moving. Where you sit can make a difference. The front seat of a car, forward cars of a train, upper deck on a boat or wing seats in a plane may give you a smoother ride. Looking out into the distance - instead of trying to read or look at something in the vehicle - can also help. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Air sickness
- Travel sickness
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 994.6:
- sickness 994.6
- Airplane sickness 994.6
- Car sickness 994.6
- Effect, adverse NEC
- motion 994.6
- de mer 994.6
- Motion sickness (from travel, any vehicle) (from roundabouts or swings) 994.6
- Nausea (see also Vomiting) 787.02
- marina 994.6
- Seasickness 994.6
- air (travel) 994.6
- airplane 994.6
- car 994.6
- motion 994.6
- roundabout (motion) 994.6
- sea 994.6
- swing (motion) 994.6
- train (railway) (travel) 994.6
- travel (any vehicle) 994.6
- Train sickness 994.6
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 994.6 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2009 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.