2009 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 873.61
Open wound of buccal mucosa uncomplicated
- Short description: OPEN WOUND BUCCAL MUCOSA.
- ICD-9-CM 873.61 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 873.61 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2009 version of ICD-9-CM 873.61.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 873.61: 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM S01.512A Laceration without foreign body of oral cavity, initial encounter
- Buccal mucosa laceration
- Laceration of buccal mucosa
- Open bite of buccal mucosa
- Open wound of buccal mucosa
- Open wound of mouth, buccal mucosa
- Puncture wound of buccal mucosa
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 873.61
- Wound, open (by cutting or piercing instrument) (by firearms) (cut) (dissection) (incised) (laceration) (penetration) (perforating) (puncture) (with initial hemorrhage, not internal) 879.8
- buccal mucosa 873.61