2009 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 873.23
Open wound of nasal sinus uncomplicated
- Short description: OPEN WOUND NASAL SINUS.
- ICD-9-CM 873.23 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 873.23 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2009 version of ICD-9-CM 873.23.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 873.23: 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
- Laceration of nasal sinus
- Nasal sinus laceration
- Open bite of nasal sinus
- Open wound of nasal sinus
- Puncture wound of nasal sinus
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM S01.20XA Unspecified open wound of nose, initial encounter
- 2015 ICD-10-CM S01.21XA Laceration without foreign body of nose, initial encounter
- 2015 ICD-10-CM S01.23XA Puncture wound without foreign body of nose, initial encounter
- 2015 ICD-10-CM S01.25XA Open bite of nose, initial encounter
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 873.23
- Wound, open (by cutting or piercing instrument) (by firearms) (cut) (dissection) (incised) (laceration) (penetration) (perforating) (puncture) (with initial hemorrhage, not internal) 879.8
- nasal - see also Wound, open, nose