2009 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 846.9
Unspecified site of sacroiliac region sprain
- Short description: SPRAIN SACROILIAC NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 846.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 846.9 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2009 version of ICD-9-CM 846.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 846.9: 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM S33.9XXA Sprain of unspecified parts of lumbar spine and pelvis, initial encounter
- Sacroiliac joint sprain
- Sacroiliac ligament sprain
- Sprain back, sacroiliac region
- Sprain of back, sacroiliac region
- Sprain of sacroiliac ligament
- Sprain of sacroiliac region
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 846.9
- Sprain, strain (joint) (ligament) (muscle) (tendon) 848.9
- low back 846.9
- sacroiliac (region) 846.9