2009 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 817.1
Multiple open fractures of hand bones
- Short description: MULTIPLE FX HAND-OPEN.
- ICD-9-CM 817.1 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 817.1 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2009 version of ICD-9-CM 817.1.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 817.1: 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM S62.90XB Unspecified fracture of unspecified wrist and hand, initial encounter for open fracture
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 817.1
- Fracture (abduction) (adduction) (avulsion) (compression) (crush) (dislocation) (oblique) (separation) (closed) 829.0
- finger(s), of one hand (closed) (see also Fracture, phalanx, hand) 816.00
- metacarpus, metacarpal (bone(s)), of one hand (closed) 815.00
- multiple (closed) 829.0
- arm (multiple bones in same arm except in hand alone) (sites classifiable to 810-817 with sites classifiable to a different three-digit category in 810-817 in same arm) (closed) 818.0
- arms, both or arm(s) with rib(s) or sternum (sites classifiable to 810-818 with sites classifiable to same range of categories in other limb or to 807) (closed) 819.0
- bones of trunk NEC (closed) 809.0
- hand, metacarpal bone(s) with phalanx or phalanges of same hand (sites classifiable to 815 with sites classifiable to 816 in same hand) (closed) 817.0
- leg (multiple bones in same leg) (sites classifiable to 820-826 with sites classifiable to a different three-digit category in that range in same leg) (closed) 827.0
- legs, both or leg(s) with arm(s), rib(s), or sternum (sites classifiable to 820-827 with sites classifiable to same range of categories in other leg or to 807 or 810-819) (closed) 828.0
- open 829.1
- pelvis with other bones except skull or face bones (sites classifiable to 808 with sites classifiable to 805-807 or 810-829) (closed) 809.0
- skull, specified or unspecified bones, or face bone(s) with any other bone(s) (sites classifiable to 800-803 with sites classifiable to 805-829) (closed) 804.0
- phalanx, phalanges, of one
- thumb (and finger(s)) of one hand (closed) (see also Fracture, phalanx, hand) 816.00
- with metacarpal bone(s) of same hand 817.0
- metacarpal(s) - see Fracture, metacarpus
- open 816.10