2009 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 778.5
Other and unspecified edema of newborn
- Short description: EDEMA OF NEWBORN NEC/NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 778.5 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 778.5 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2009 version of ICD-9-CM 778.5.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 778.5: 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM P83.30 Unspecified edema specific to newborn
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM P83.39 Other edema specific to newborn
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 778.5
- Edema, edematous 782.3
- fetus or newborn 778.5
- neonatorum 778.5