2009 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 728.86
- ICD-9-CM 728.86 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 728.86 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2009 version of ICD-9-CM 728.86.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 728.86: 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM M72.6 Necrotizing fasciitis
- Necrotizing fasciitis due to infectious organism with gangrene
- Necrotizing fasciitis w gangrene due to infectious organism
- Necrotizing fasciitis with gangrene
- Use additional code to identify:
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 728.86
- Fasciitis 729.4
- necrotizing 728.86