2009 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 724.5
- Short description: BACKACHE NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 724.5 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 724.5 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2009 version of ICD-9-CM 724.5.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 724.5: 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM M54.89 Other dorsalgia
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM M54.9 Dorsalgia, unspecified
- Back pain
- Back pain < 3 months
- Back pain for less than 3 months
- Back pain less than 3 months
- Back pain without radiculopathy
- Back pain wo radiculopathy
- Backache for less than 3 months
- Backache without radiculopathy
- Chronic back pain > 3 months
- Chronic back pain for greater than 3 months
- Chronic back pain greater than 3 months
- Chronic back pain greater than 3 months duration
- Chronic back pain greater than three months duration
- Dorsalgia (upper back pain)
- Thoracic back pain
- Upper back pain
- Vertebrogenic (pain) syndrome NOS