2009 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 553.00
Unilateral or unspecified femoral hernia without obstruction of gangrene
- Short description: UNILAT FEMORAL HERNIA.
- ICD-9-CM 553.00 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 553.00 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2009 version of ICD-9-CM 553.00.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 553.00: 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM K41.90 Unilateral femoral hernia, without obstruction or gangrene, not specified as recurrent
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 553.00
- Hernia, hernial (acquired) (recurrent) 553.9
- femoral (unilateral) 553.00
- velpeau's (femoral) (see also Hernia, femoral) 553.00
- Merocele (see also Hernia, femoral) 553.00