2009 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 553.00
Unilateral or unspecified femoral hernia without obstruction of gangrene
- Short description: UNILAT FEMORAL HERNIA.
- ICD-9-CM 553.00 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 553.00 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2009 version of ICD-9-CM 553.00.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 553.00: 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM K41.90 Unilateral femoral hernia, without obstruction or gangrene, not specified as recurrent
- Femoral hernia
- Left femoral hernia
- Right femoral hernia
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 553.00
- Hernia, hernial (acquired) (recurrent) 553.9
- femoral (unilateral) 553.00
- velpeau's (femoral) (see also Hernia, femoral) 553.00
- Merocele (see also Hernia, femoral) 553.00