2009 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 522.5
Periapical abscess without sinus
- Short description: PERIAPICAL ABSCESS.
- ICD-9-CM 522.5 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 522.5 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2009 version of ICD-9-CM 522.5.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 522.5: 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM K04.7 Periapical abscess without sinus
- Dental abscess
- Periapical abscess
- Periapical abscess without sinus tract
- periapical abscess with sinus (522.7)