2009 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 506.2
Upper respiratory inflammation due to fumes and vapors
- Short description: FUM/VAPOR UP RESP INFLAM.
- ICD-9-CM 506.2 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 506.2 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2009 version of ICD-9-CM 506.2.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 506.2: 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM J68.2 Upper respiratory inflammation due to chemicals, gases, fumes and vapors, not elsewhere classified
- Upper respiratory inflammation due to chemical fume
- Upper respiratory inflammation due to chemical fumes
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 506.2
- Inflammation, inflamed, inflammatory (with exudation)
- respiratory, upper (see also Infection, respiratory, upper) 465.9
- chronic, due to external agent - see Condition, respiratory, chronic, due to, external agent
- due to
- fumes or vapors (chemical) (inhalation) 506.2
- radiation 508.1