2009 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 493.9
- form of bronchial disorder associated with airway obstruction, marked by recurrent attacks of paroxysmal dyspnea, with wheezing due to spasmodic contraction of the bronchi.
- A chronic respiratory disease manifested as difficulty breathing due to the narrowing of bronchial passageways.
- There are 3 ICD-9-CM codes below 493.9 that define this diagnosis in greater detail. Do not use this code on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2009 version of ICD-9-CM 493.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 493.9: 2010 2011 2012 2013.
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 493.9: