2009 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 319
Unspecified mental retardation
- subnormal intellectual functioning which originates during the developmental period; multiple potential etiologies, including genetic defects and perinatal insults; intelligence quotient (IQ) scores are commonly used to determine whether an individual is mentally retarded; IQ scores between 70 and 79 are in the borderline mentally retarded range and scores below 67 are in the retarded range.
- Impaired intellectual (IQ below 70) and adaptive functioning manifested during the developmental period. Use a more specific term if possible. Use for both the concept of the disorder itself and for populations of mentally retarded persons.
- Short description: MENTAL RETARDATION NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 319 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2009 version of ICD-9-CM 319.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 319: 2010 2011 2012 2013.
319 Alternative Terminology
Convert 319 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 319: