2009 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 284.9
Aplastic anemia unspecified
- anemia associated with a fatty, hypocellular bone marrow and global dyshematopoiesis; can be idiopathic or due to microbial, metabolic, autoimmune, or other abnormality.
- A condition in which the bone marrow is unable to produce blood cells.
- Anemia resulting from bone marrow failure (aplastic or hypoplastic bone marrow). The production of erythroblasts and red cells is markedly decreased, and it may be associated with decreased production of granulocytes (granulocytopenia) and platelets (thrombocytopenia) as well. Aplastic anemia may be idiopathic or secondary due to bone marrow damage by toxins, radiation, or immunologic factors. -- 2004
- Short description: APLASTIC ANEMIA NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 284.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2009 version of ICD-9-CM 284.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 284.9: 2010 2011 2012 2013.
Convert 284.9 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 284.9: