Home > 2009 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Neoplasms 140-239 > Benign Neoplasms 210-229 > Benign neoplasm of brain and other parts of nervous system 225-
2009 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 225.2
Benign neoplasm of cerebral meninges
- Short description: BEN NEO CEREBR MENINGES.
- ICD-9-CM 225.2 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2009 version of ICD-9-CM 225.2.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 225.2: 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014.
- (meh-nin-jee-o-ma) a type of tumor that occurs in the meninges, the membranes that cover and protect the brain and spinal cord. Meningiomas usually grow slowly.
- A benign tumor occurring in the meninges, which surround the brain and spinal cord. The most common are meningiomas.
- A generally slow growing tumor attached to the dura mater. It is composed of neoplastic meningothelial (arachnoidal) cells. It typically occurs in adults, often women and it has a wide range of histopathological appearances. Of the various subtypes, meningothelial, fibrous and transitional meningiomas are the most common. Most meningiomas are who grade i tumors, and some are who grade ii or iii tumors. Most subtypes share a common clinical behavior, although some subtypes are more likely to recur and follow a more aggressive clinical course. (adapted from who.)
- Relatively common neoplasm of the central nervous system that arises from arachnoidal cells; the majority are well differentiated vascular tumors which grow slowly and have a low potential to be invasive, although malignant subtypes occur; they have a predilection to arise from the parasagittal region, cerebral convexity, sphenoidal ridge, olfactory groove, and spinal canal.
- Benign neoplasm meninges, cerebral
- Benign neoplasm of meninges
- Benign neoplasm, cerebral meninges
- Intracranial meningioma
- Meningioma of brain
- Meningioma, brain
- Meninges NOS
- Meningioma (cerebral)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 225.2 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2009 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.