2009 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 040.82
Toxic shock syndrome
- ICD-9-CM 040.82 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 040.82 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2009 version of ICD-9-CM 040.82.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 040.82: 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM A48.3 Toxic shock syndrome
- Staphylococcal toxic shock syndrome
- Toxic shock syndrome due to methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection
- Toxic shock syndrome due to methicillin susceptible Staphylococcus aureus
- Toxic shock syndrome due to MRSA
- Toxic shock syndrome due to MSSA
- Toxic shock syndrome due to other Staph
- Toxic shock syndrome due to Staphylococcus
- Use additional code to identify the organism