2008 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 980.9
Toxic effect of unspecified alcohol
- Short description: TOXIC EFFECT ALCOHOL NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 980.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 980.9 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2008 version of ICD-9-CM 980.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 980.9: 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM T51.91XA Toxic effect of unspecified alcohol, accidental (unintentional), initial encounter
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM T51.92XA Toxic effect of unspecified alcohol, intentional self-harm, initial encounter
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM T51.93XA Toxic effect of unspecified alcohol, assault, initial encounter
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM T51.94XA Toxic effect of unspecified alcohol, undetermined, initial encounter
- Alcohol poisoning (unknown chemical type of alcohol)
- Ethanol poisoning
- Toxic effect of alcohol
- Toxic effect of ethyl alcohol
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 980.9
- Alcohol, alcoholic
- poisoning, accidental (acute) NEC 980.9
- specified type of alcohol - see Table of Drugs and Chemicals