Home > 2008 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Injury And Poisoning 800-999 > Certain Traumatic Complications And Unspecified Injuries 958-959 > Injury other and unspecified 959-
2008 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 959.5
Other and unspecified injury to finger
- Short description: FINGER INJURY NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 959.5 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2008 version of ICD-9-CM 959.5.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 959.5: 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014.
- General or unspecified injuries involving the fingers.
- You use your fingers and thumbs to do everything from grasping objects to playing musical instruments to typing on a keyboard. When there is something wrong with them, it can make life difficult. Common problems include
- injuries that result in fractures, ruptured ligaments and dislocations
- osteoarthritis - wear-and-tear arthritis, which can also cause deformity
- tendinitis - irritation of the tendons
- dupuytren's contracture - a hereditary thickening of the tough tissue that lies just below the skin of your palm, which causes the fingers to stiffen and bend
- trigger finger - an irritation of the sheath that surrounds the flexor tendons, sometimes causing the tendon to catch and release like a trigger
- Compartment syndrome of upper limb
- Complete division, flexor digitorum profundus tendon
- Complete division, flexor pollicis longus tendon
- Fingernail injury
- Foreign body - finger
- Foreign body in thumb
- Hyperextension injury of finger
- Hyperextension injury of thumb
- Injury of finger
- Injury of flexor muscle and tendon of thumb at forearm level
- Injury of nail bed of finger
- Injury of nail bed of thumb
- Injury to finger
- Knuckle injury
- Mallet thumb with closed tendon injury
- Metal foreign body in finger
- Metal foreign body in palm of hand
- Metal foreign body in thumb
- Nail damage from external agent
- Nail dystrophy due to trauma
- Pellet wound of finger
- Pellet wound of thumb
- Thumb injury
- Thumbnail injury
- Traumatic division of finger ligament
- Traumatic division of thumb ligament
- Volar plate injury of finger joint
- Volar plate injury of thumb joint
- Thumb (nail)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 959.5:
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 959.5 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2008 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.