Home > 2008 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Injury And Poisoning 800-999 > Certain Traumatic Complications And Unspecified Injuries 958-959 > Certain early complications of trauma 958-
2008 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 958.8
Other early complications of trauma
- Short description: EARLY COMPLIC TRAUMA NEC.
- ICD-9-CM 958.8 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2008 version of ICD-9-CM 958.8.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 958.8: 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013.
958.8 Alternative Terminology
- Anterior tibial compartment syndrome
- Compartment syndrome
- Compartment syndrome of lower limb
- Compartment syndrome of thigh
- Compartment syndrome of upper arm
- Compartment syndrome, buttock
- Early complication of trauma
- Extensor compartment syndrome of forearm
- Lateral peroneal compartment syndrome
- Posterior tibial compartment syndrome
- Posttraumatic state
- Posttraumatic vertigo
- Psoas compartment syndrome
- Rectus abdominis compartment syndrome
- Traumatic complication of injury
- Traumatic pneumonia
- Vertigo preceded by head injury
Convert 958.8 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM 958.8 converts approximately to:
- 2013 ICD-10-CM T79.8XXA Other early complications of trauma, initial encounter
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 958.8:
- trauma NEC (early) 958.8
- Meningitis (basal) (basic) (basilar) (brain) (cerebral) (cervical) (congestive) (diffuse) (hemorrhagic) (infantile) (membranous) (metastatic) (nonspecific) (pontine) (progressive) (simple) (spinal) (subacute) (sympathetica) (toxic) 322.9
- traumatic (complication of injury) 958.8
- Pneumonia (acute) (Alpenstich) (benign) (bilateral) (brain) (cerebral) (circumscribed) (congestive) (creeping) (delayed resolution) (double) (epidemic) (fever) (flash) (fulminant) (fungoid) (granulomatous) (hemorrhagic) (incipient) (infantile) (infectious) (infiltration) (insular) (intermittent) (latent) (lobe) (migratory) (newborn) (organized) (overwhelming) (primary) (progressive) (pseudolobar) (purulent) (resolved) (secondary) (senile) (septic) (suppurative) (terminal) (true) (unresolved) (vesicular) 486
- traumatic (complication) (early) (secondary) 958.8
- Syndrome - see also Disease
- compartment(al) (anterior) (deep) (posterior) 958.8
- traumatic 958.90
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 958.8 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2008 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.