2008 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 948.71
Burn (any degree) involving 70-79 percent of body surface with third degree burn of 10-19%
- Short description: 70-79% BDY BRN/10-19% 3D.
- ICD-9-CM 948.71 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 948.71 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2008 version of ICD-9-CM 948.71.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 948.71: 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM T31.71 Burns involving 70-79% of body surface with 10-19% third degree burns
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM T32.71 Corrosions involving 70-79% of body surface with 10-19% third degree corrosion
- Burn injury
- Burn involving 70-79 percent of body surface, with 10-19 percent of body surface with full thickness burn
- Burn, 70-79% BSA, third degree 10-19% BSA
- Chemical burn injury
- Chemical burn involving 70-79% of body surface with third degree burn of 10-19% of body surface area
- Chemical burn, 70-79% BSA, third degree 10-19% BSA