2008 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 846.0
Lumbosacral (joint) (ligament) sprain
- Short description: SPRAIN LUMBOSACRAL.
- ICD-9-CM 846.0 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 846.0 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2008 version of ICD-9-CM 846.0.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 846.0: 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM S33.8XXA Sprain of other parts of lumbar spine and pelvis, initial encounter
- Lumbosacral ligament sprain
- Lumbosacral strain
- Sprain back, lumbosacral ligament
- Sprain of back, lumbosacral ligament
- Sprain of ligament of lumbosacral joint
- Strain back, lumbosacral
- Strain of back, lumbosacral
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 846.0
- Sprain, strain (joint) (ligament) (muscle) (tendon) 848.9
- lumbosacral 846.0