2008 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 638.0
Failed attempted abortion complicated by genital tract and pelvic infection
- Short description: ATTEM ABORT W PELVIC INF.
- ICD-9-CM 638.0 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 638.0 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2008 version of ICD-9-CM 638.0.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 638.0: 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM O07.0 Genital tract and pelvic infection following failed attempted termination of pregnancy
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM O07.37 Sepsis following failed attempted termination of pregnancy
- Failed attempted abortion complicated by genital-pelvic infection
- Failed attempted abortion with sepsis
- Failed pregnancy termination W genital tract infection
- Failed pregnancy termination W sepsis
- Failed pregnancy termination with genital tract infection
- Failed pregnancy termination with sepsis