2008 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 591
- distention of the pelvis and calices of the kidney with urine, as a result of obstruction of the ureter, with accompanying atrophy of the parenchyma of the organ.
- Abnormal enlargement of a kidney, which may be caused by blockage of the ureter (such as by a kidney stone) or chronic kidney disease that prevents urine from draining into the bladder.
- ICD-9-CM 591 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2008 version of ICD-9-CM 591.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 591: 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013.
Convert 591 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 591: