2008 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 487
- acute viral infection involving the respiratory tract; marked by inflammation of the nasal mucosa, the pharynx, and conjunctiva, and by headache and severe, often generalized, myalgia.
- An acute viral infection of the respiratory tract, occurring in isolated cases, in epidemics, or in pandemics; it is caused by serologically different strains of viruses (influenzaviruses) designated A, B, and C, has a 3-day incubation period, and usually lasts for 3 to 10 days. It is marked by inflammation of the nasal mucosa, pharynx, and conjunctiva; headache; myalgia; often fever, chills, and prostration; and occasionally involvement of the myocardium or central nervous system.
- There are 3 ICD-9-CM codes below 487 that define this diagnosis in greater detail. Do not use this code on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2008 version of ICD-9-CM 487.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 487: 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013.