2008 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 296.23
Major depressive affective disorder single episode severe degree without psychotic behavior
- Short description: DEPRESS PSYCHOSIS-SEVERE.
- ICD-9-CM 296.23 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 296.23 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2008 version of ICD-9-CM 296.23.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 296.23: 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM F32.2 Major depressive disorder, single episode, severe without psychotic features
- Depression, major, single episode, severe
- Major depression, single episode, severe
- Severe major depression, single episode