Home > 2008 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Endocrine, Nutritional And Metabolic Diseases, And Immunity Disorders 240-279 > Other Metabolic Disorders And Immunity Disorders 270-279 > Disorders of lipoid metabolism 272-
2008 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 272.3
- ICD-9-CM 272.3 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2008 version of ICD-9-CM 272.3.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 272.3: 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014.
- A genetic disorder of lipoprotein metabolism caused by mutations in the lpl and apolipoprotein (apo) c-ii genes. It is characterized by increased levels of chylomicrons and triglycerides in the blood.
- An inherited condition due to a deficiency of either lipoprotein lipase or apolipoprotein c-ii (a lipase-activating protein). The lack of lipase activities results in inability to remove chylomicrons and triglycerides from the blood which has a creamy top layer after standing.
- Rare familial condition characterized by massive chylomicronemia and decreased levels of other lipoproteins; due to deficiency of lipoprotein lipase, an alkaline triglyceride hydrolase which catalyzes an important step in the extrahepatic removal of triglyceride-rich lipoproteins from the blood.
- Bürger-Grütz syndrome
- Fredrickson type I or V hyperlipoproteinemia
- Hyperlipidemia, Group D
- Mixed hyperglyceridemia
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 272.3:
- Bürger-Grütz disease or syndrome (essential familial hyperlipemia) 272.3
- Chylomicronemia (fasting) (with hyperprebetalipoproteinemia) 272.3
- Disease, diseased - see also Syndrome
- Bürger-Grütz (essential familial hyperlipemia) 272.3
- Hepatosplenomegaly 571.8
- hyperlipemic (Bürger-Grutz type) 272.3
- Hyperchylomicronemia (familial) (with hyperbetalipoproteinemia) 272.3
- Hyperglyceridemia 272.1
- mixed 272.3
- Hyperlipidemia 272.4
- exogenous 272.3
- fat-induced 272.3
- Hyperlipoproteinemia (acquired) (essential) (familial) (hereditary) (primary) (secondary) 272.4
- Hyperprebetalipoproteinemia 272.1
- with chylomicronemia 272.3
- Lipemia (see also Hyperlipidemia) 272.4
- retina, retinalis 272.3
- Lipidosis 272.7
- hepatosplenomegalic 272.3
- Prebetalipoproteinemia (acquired) (essential) (familial) (hereditary) (primary) (secondary) 272.1
- with chylomicronemia 272.3
- Syndrome - see also Disease
- Bürger-Grutz (essential familial hyperlipemia) 272.3
- Xanthoma(s), xanthomatosis 272.2
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 272.3 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2008 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.