2008 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 238.79
Other lymphatic and hematopoietic tissues
- An acute myeloid leukemia characterized by bone marrow fibrosis. The prognosis is usually poor. (WHO, 2001)
- Chronic myeloproliferative disorders (CMPDs) are clonal hematopoietic stem cell disorders, characterized by proliferation in the bone marrow of one or more of the myeloid (i.e., granulocytic, erythroid, and megakaryocytic) lineages. The proliferation is associated with relatively normal, effective maturation, resulting in increased numbers of granulocytes, red blood cells, and/or platelets in the peripheral blood. CMPDs are primarily diseases of adults.
- Short description: LYMPH/HEMATPOITC TIS NEC.
- ICD-9-CM 238.79 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2008 version of ICD-9-CM 238.79.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 238.79: 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013.
238.79 Alternative Terminology
Convert 238.79 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 238.79: