2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 873.0
Open wound of scalp without complication
- Short description: OPEN WOUND OF SCALP.
- ICD-9-CM 873.0 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 873.0 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2007 version of ICD-9-CM 873.0.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 873.0: 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
- Avulsion of scalp
- Laceration of scalp
- Open animal bite of scalp
- Open bite of scalp
- Open cat bite of scalp
- Open dog bite of scalp
- Open human bite of scalp
- Open wound of scalp
- Puncture wound of scalp
- Scalp avulsion
- Scalp laceration
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM S01.00XA Unspecified open wound of scalp, initial encounter
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 873.0
- Wound, open (by cutting or piercing instrument) (by firearms) (cut) (dissection) (incised) (laceration) (penetration) (perforating) (puncture) (with initial hemorrhage, not internal) 879.8
- scalp 873.0