Home > 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Diseases Of The Musculoskeletal System And Connective Tissue 710-739 > Arthropathies And Related Disorders 710-719 > Other and unspecified disorders of joint 719-
2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 719.9
Unspecified disorder of joint
- There are 10 ICD-9-CM codes below 719.9 that define this diagnosis in greater detail. Do not use this code on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2007 version of ICD-9-CM 719.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 719.9: 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014.
- A joint is where two or more bones come together, like the knee, hip, elbow or shoulder. Joints can be damaged by many types of injuries or diseases. arthritis or simply years of use may cause a joint to wear away. This can cause pain, stiffness and swelling. Over time, a swollen joint can become severely damaged. Treatment of joint problems depends on the cause. If you have a sports injury, treatment often begins with the rice (rest, ice, compression and elevation) method to relieve pain, reduce swelling and speed healing. Other possible treatments include pain relievers, keeping the injured area from moving, rehabilitation, and sometimes surgery. For arthritis, injuries, or other diseases, you may need joint replacement surgery to remove the damaged joint and put in a new one. nih: national institute of arthritis and musculoskeletal and skin diseases
- Any disease of the joints.
- Any disorder of the joints.
- Condition in which there is a deviation from or interruption of the normal structure or function of the joints.
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 719.9:
- Disease, diseased - see also Syndrome
- joint NEC 719.9
- ankle 719.97
- Charcôt 094.0 [713.5]
- degenerative (see also Osteoarthrosis) 715.9
- elbow 719.92
- foot 719.97
- hand 719.94
- hip 719.95
- hypertrophic (chronic) (degenerative) (see also Osteoarthrosis) 715.9
- spine (see also Spondylosis) 721.90
- knee 719.96
- Luschka 721.90
- multiple sites 719.99
- pelvic region 719.95
- sacroiliac 724.6
- shoulder (region) 719.91
- specified site NEC 719.98
- spine NEC 724.9
- wrist 719.93
- joint NEC 719.9
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 719.9 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2007 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.