2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 586
Renal failure unspecified
- inability of a kidney to excrete metabolites at normal plasma levels under conditions of normal loading or inability to retain electrolytes under conditions of normal intake.
- Acute or chronic condition, characterized by the inability of the kidneys to adequately filter the blood substances, resulting in uremia and electrolyte imbalances. Acute renal failure is usually associated with oliguria or anuria, hyperkalemia, and pulmonary edema. Chronic renal failure is irreversible and requires hemodialysis.--2004
- excess in the blood of urea, creatinine and other nitrogenous end products of protein and aminoacid metabolism; also, the constellation of signs and symptoms of chronic renal failure.
- Short description: RENAL FAILURE NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 586 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2007 version of ICD-9-CM 586.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 586: 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013.
Convert 586 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 586: