2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 320.9
Meningitis due to unspecified bacterium
- bacterial infections of the leptomeninges and subarachnoid space, frequently involving the cerebral cortex, cranial nerves, cerebral blood vessels, spinal cord and nerve roots; causative organism varies with age and clinical status (eg, postoperative, immunodeficient, posttraumatic states); clinical manifestations include the acute onset of fever, stiff neck, altered mentation, seizures, and focal neurologic deficits; death may occur within 24 hours of disease onset; pathologic features include a purulent exudate in the subarachnoid space, and diffuse inflammation of neural and vascular structures.
- Short description: BACTERIAL MENINGITIS NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 320.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2007 version of ICD-9-CM 320.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 320.9: 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013.
Convert 320.9 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 320.9: