2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 243
- condition due to congenital lack of thyroid hormone, marked by arrested physical and mental development, dystrophy of the bones and soft parts, and lowered basal metabolism; it is the congenital form of thyroid deficiency, while myxedema is the acquired form.
- Short description: CONGENITAL HYPOTHYROIDSM.
- ICD-9-CM 243 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2007 version of ICD-9-CM 243.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 243: 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013.
Convert 243 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 243: