2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 052.9
Varicella without complication
- highly contagious infectious disease caused by the varicella-zoster virus (Herpesvirus 3); usually affects children, is spread by direct contact or respiratory route via droplet nuclei, and is characterized by the appearance on the skin and mucous membranes of successive crops of typical pruritic vesicular lesions that are easily broken and become scabbed; chickenpox is relatively benign in children, but may be complicated by pneumonia and encephalitis in adults.
- Short description: VARICELLA UNCOMPLICATED.
- ICD-9-CM 052.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2007 version of ICD-9-CM 052.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 052.9: 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013.
Convert 052.9 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 052.9: