2006 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 487.1
Influenza with other respiratory manifestations
- acute viral infection involving the respiratory tract; marked by inflammation of the nasal mucosa, the pharynx, and conjunctiva, and by headache and severe, often generalized, myalgia.
- An acute viral infection of the respiratory tract, occurring in isolated cases, in epidemics, or in pandemics; it is caused by serologically different strains of viruses (influenzaviruses) designated A, B, and C, has a 3-day incubation period, and usually lasts for 3 to 10 days. It is marked by inflammation of the nasal mucosa, pharynx, and conjunctiva; headache; myalgia; often fever, chills, and prostration; and occasionally involvement of the myocardium or central nervous system.
- Short description: FLU W RESP MANIFEST NEC.
- ICD-9-CM 487.1 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2006 version of ICD-9-CM 487.1.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 487.1: 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013.
487.1 Alternative Terminology
Convert 487.1 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 487.1: