2006 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 272.5
- disorder of lipid metabolism inherited as an autosomal recessive trait characterized by the near absence of apolipoprotein B and apoB containing lipoproteins in plasma; microsomal triglyceride transfer protein is deficient or absent in enterocytes; clinical and laboratory findings include acanthocytosis, hypocholesterolemia, peripheral neuropathy, posterior column degeneration, ataxia, and steatorrhea; intellectual abilities may also be impaired.
- presence of abnormally low levels of lipoproteins in the serum.
- ICD-9-CM 272.5 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2006 version of ICD-9-CM 272.5.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 272.5: 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013.
Convert 272.5 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 272.5: