2006 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 239.6
nEoplasm of unspecified nature of brain
- neoplasms of the intracranial components of the central nervous system, including the cerebral hemispheres, basal ganglia, hypothalamus, thalamus, brain stem, and cerebellum; subdivided into primary (originating from brain tissue) and secondary (metastatic) forms; primary neoplasms are subdivided into benign and malignant forms; brain tumors may also be classified by age of onset, histologic type, or presenting location in the brain.
- Benign and malignant neoplasms that arise from or metastasize to structures within the cranium. This includes meningeal and other tumors that occur in the spaces that surround the brain, and neoplasms of the brain.
- Short description: BRAIN NEOPLASM NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 239.6 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2006 version of ICD-9-CM 239.6.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 239.6: 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013.
Convert 239.6 to ICD-10-CM