2006 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 084.6
- protozoan disease caused in humans by four species of the genus Plasmodium (P. falciparum, P. vivax, P. ovale, and P. malariae) and transmitted by the bite of an infected female mosquito of the genus Anopheles; malaria is endemic in parts of Asia, Africa, Central and South America, Oceania, and certain Caribbean islands; characterized by extreme exhaustion associated with paroxysms of high fever, sweating, shaking chills, and anemia; malaria in animals is caused by other species of plasmodia.
- Short description: MALARIA NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 084.6 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2006 version of ICD-9-CM 084.6.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 084.6: 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013.
Convert 084.6 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 084.6: